Are you the perfect homeowner? You’ve done your best to maintain and take care of your roof and gutters. Cleaned, trimmed, applied caulking. The truth is even the most prudent roof caretaker will eventually need to call in the experts. Unless you have years of experience on what to look for and how to fix it properly, some jobs are safer left to more capable hands. The task of roof maintenance and even inspection is not only dangerous, it also requires an expert eye to fully assess a problem.
For the sake of your pocket book, how do you know when it’s time? Let’s talk over why and when you should call a roofing contractor.
5 Reasons To Call A Roofing Contractor
- Hail – If you just had a major hail storm, it might be better to pick up the phone for an inspection than risk overlooking damage to your roof. Especially if you don’t look up there often, you might not be familiar with what is new, old or what could cause you problems down the road.
- Sagging – If you notice your roof is sagging, it’s time to call someone!
- Missing Parts – If you have broken or missing shingles or flashing, your roof is exposed to the elements. It might seem like an easy fix, but improper installation can do more harm than good. It’s better to pay a small fee now for a quick fix or find out early if your roof needs replacing.
- Dirty Gutters – More specifically, if you notice granule build up in your gutters or drain. Granule build up means your old shingles are losing their texture and less apt to protect your house from a big storm. It’s smart to check on how bad the problem is BEFORE the next storm.
- Age – When was the last time you had a professional roof inspection? How old is your roof? These are questions you should know the answer to. If you don’t, it’s probably time to call an expert.
If you have any concerns or questions, don’t hesitate to give us a call. Built on integrity and carried on outstanding service, quality and hard work, Earnest Roofing can help you with inspections and even navigating insurance claims. We work directly with Insurance companies across the Hill Country and would love to help take that pain out of your neck. We can give you the inside track and in many cases, take the full weight off your shoulders.